Patients are dying without oxygen amid Delhi surge with 1 death every 5 minutes… (Source Global News). Join us to help ISKCON Dwarka, Delhi during this crucial time of need and make a difference.
India has an unwelcomed record of Covid-19 cases with over 400,000 new cases in a 24-hour period being reported on 3rd May. Over 3,500 people lost their lives to the virus in 24 hours earlier this week. The situation in Delhi worsens as the oxygen crisis deepens and more patients die (Source BBC News).
ISKCON Dwarka in Delhi, the epicenter of the pandemic, needs urgent funds…
The Lotus Trust (the welfare arm of ISKCON Bhaktivedanta Manor) has partnered with ISKCON Dwarka in Delhi to expand our initial fund-raiser in 2 primary ways:
- Convert a university premise into a COVID nursing care center with an initial capacity of 250 beds (potential to increase to 1,000 beds) and provide the COVID care facilities free of cost to all comers (patients treated on first come first serve basis). We expect to care for roughly 2,500-5,000 patients over an initial 3-month period with a 250 bed set up.
- Distribute free meals to the individuals and families that are not able to cook or afford food due to the current circumstances. We target a distribution of roughly 2.7m meals over the 3 month period.
How you can help?
This much needed initiative requires investment in 3 key areas.
- Set of the of nursing care facilities including the beds, dedicated oxygen cylinders and other basic facilities
- Running of the nursing case facility including the costs of the medical staff, housekeep-ing, medications, and food
- Cooking, packaging, and distribution of 30k meals daily
To achieve the above and sustain the care for 3 months will cost £1.85m.
Please support us with providing this much needed care directly to those who need it the most. You can support 1 patient, for 1 day, for as little as £11 and 100 hot meals for £55. Let us all come together to do our part by giving what we can.
- 1 patient for 1 day – £ 11.00
- 1 patient for 3 days £ 31.00
- 1 patient for 5 days – £ 51.00
- patients for 5 days – £ 108.00
- 1 oxygen concentrator – £ 501.00
- 2 oxygen concentrators – £ 1,008.00
- 1 Day Running Cost – £ 1,900.00
- 1,000 meals – £550
- Other Amount
Progress so far (Week 2)
We have made significant progress towards these objectives and have a plan in place to ensure that we continue to deliver and raise the funds in parallel.
By coming together and through your generous donations we have:
- Secured the facilities and oxygen concentrators.
- Started treating patient with 50 beds functional and expecting another 100 by 9th May and another 100 by 16th May.
- Started the daily cooking and distribution of 30k meals as of 26th April.
- Raised almost £100k of funding as of 5th May from a standing start on 26th April.
This is a great achievement but we are we just at the beginning and work still needs to be done!
We kindly request that you help support The Lotus Trust in this mission and help India pull through this heartbreaking pandemic. It is time for us to come together as a global community to respond to the catastrophic impact of Covid-19 on people’s lives and help end this pandemic.
Your generous support will go a long way in providing life-saving treatment for the people of Delhi. Please do let me know if you can help support this urgent appeal.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Images of the tremendous effort and progress that has been made on the ground over the past week. As of 3rd May the clinic has started treating patients and has over 50 functional beds.
The team continues its endeavors to distribute hot meals to the vulnerable including those iso-lating at home and the critically vulnerable who are shielding.
Dedicated and qualified volunteers working tirelessly together to serve those most at need. Acknowledged for their valiant efforts and compassion to serve the country to prevent the transmission of the COVID-19 virus and protect the health of individuals by supplying them meals.
This capable team is now focusing their efforts on building this Covid-19 center in record time, lets do our bit to help them in the fight against Covid-19 in India.